The Joys Of Packing a Suitecase......


Suitcase Fun

It's so much fun packing a suitcase....loool...joking...it so isn't, not when you have so much things you need to pack and it all has to weight 23kg.
 I mean I know how to pack a suitcase, but this is something different. It's turning out to be one of my hardest packing moments.  I don't like packing when I have so much to pack. Packing to go back home is always a challenge....cause I think I always buy to much.

My first hardest packing moment was back in 2009/10 when you could bring two cases at 23kg each (if I'm correct).
And that's what I did, but what I didn't know was that the airline was changing the baggage rules in the New Year to only one case at 23kg, and  you had to pay for any additional case. So my sister and I both had two  cases each at the start of our trip and we had to both leave with ONE- and it wasn't easy...loool.
Just thinking about it is bringing back memories of how we had to work out what to pack and what to leave behind.

So back to this trip.....My case going away was 17kg, so I had 6kg of free space to fill, and I thought I had done really well.
I hadn't done any shopping my first week, but the second week we went to my fav mall where I found a lot of my fashion finds kimas fashion finds, and then we went to an outlet (Premium Outlets Vineland Ave FL) cause my sister wanted to get some shoes.

I did shopping over the weeks, but I didn't think I got that much. I think the things I picked up were just heavy, cause the year before I was in Texas with my brother and i picked up about the same amount of things.
           So this time I had to leave a pair of Jeans and some P.J's etc.
I weighted my case on some home scales and it said I was 5lbs over and I got down to 24.1kgs and I was happy with it. But when I got to the airport and put the case on the scale.....it said 23.1kg
So I just made it....I can't believe it....I was pulling my hair out cause I didn't want to leave anything, which I ended up doing anyway.

Pulling the case was not easy I tell you.
I needed to get a trolley but I only had a 2 pound coin and the change machine only changed notes....how helpful.  But I'm thankful that I made it home safe with my case at 23kg.
                I couldn't take pictures of my crazy packing because my camera decided not to work.
                 but here's what I used to help with the packing.

OK so this is what I used to help with the packing issues.

They are storage bags that you take the air(using a vacuum ) out of to give you more space a to keep the clothes from getting wet or damaged. You can find them in a range of stores at different prices depending on the brand.

Now I know better for next time :)

Always Kima

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kima's Florida Fashion Finds

ReBranding Kima's LUV :)

Kima's Luv