On Repeat

                                                                  On Repeat.
Ok so I know my first posts were all about fashion and they will continue to be about fashion and other things girly...(but not girly girly...loool)

But I had to do a post on some of the music I've been playing this new year...or should I say the past 28 days.( can you believe its nearly February...time sure does go fast.

Ok so I'm an 80's baby, and I grew up listen to a whole bunch of Lovers  Rock, reggae,  Soca, R'n'B ect. My favorite R'n'B group was Boyz ll Men, but my play list is a bit of everything.
The past month I've been listening to Nicki Minaj new album 'The Pink Print'. And for me this is her best work ever. I truly felt the passion and all the emotion she put into it.
I closed my eyes and listen to track 1(All Things Go) for a 2nd time and I could see it all play out. I could see Nicki at that time, the words really came alive.
So my favorite “The Pink Print” tracks are 1: All Things Go,  2: I Lied,  3: The Crying Game , 4: Get On Your Knees, 10: Buy A Heart, 13: The Night Is Still Young, 14:Pills And Potions, 15: Bed Of Lies, 16: Grand Piano.     
There was one song that I skip past when I play the album, only because I don't like the words (track 11: Trini Dem Girls). The beat is crazy, if the words were different I think I could deal. But for me this is one of 2015's top albums.

The next album is K.Michelle 'Anybody Wanna Buy A Heart?'
Now Miss K.Michelle has some pipes on her foreal and like Nicki I felt her passion and emotion on this album. K is like the R'n'B version of Nicki Minaj.
This album gives you Love, it gives you what if/ should I. Its all the questions you ask yourself when your in a relationship or you've just come out of one. K tells her story over a beat and her videos are an extra + to the whole story. K starts off with 'Judge Me" for the first track - "Judge me, Judge me all you want. Im only human" the story of everyones life. No matter where you come from and no matter what you've done there is always someone there to judge you, and at the end of it all the only person that can truly judge you is God. Like K said "I'm only human"
You will have to play the album for yourselfs to understand her and to why I like it .
My fav tracks from "Anybody Wanna Buy A Heart?" 1: Judge Me, 5: How Do You Know?, 6: Hard To Do, 7: Maybe I Should Call, 9: Miss You, Goodbye, 10: Build A Man, 11: Drake Would Love Me, 12: God I Get It, 13:Silhouettes.
When I listen to music I like to zone out so I can really understand the words and see if I can feel the same emotion they did when they were recording it. Its crazy but I feel you truly have to connect with a song to truly understand it.

The next on repeat is a single from Tamar Braxton 'Let Me Know'.
Now this is my jam, Tamar never fails.I so can't wait for her new album, I still have "Love And War" on repeat. Tamar is one of a kind, a voice that will touch you and get you jamming depending on the song.
My fav line from the song is "If you need more Love from me, I'll give you more just let me know". 
That line is the truth...





K.Michelle 
Anybody Wanna Buy A Heart

Tamar Braxton
Let Me Know

Nicki Minaj 
The Pinkprint

I love me some good R'n'B music that you can just chill too and zone out with and jam....lool

Remember to chheck them out

Always Kima

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kima's Florida Fashion Finds

ReBranding Kima's LUV :)

Kima's Luv